Thursday, January 28, 2010

The genesis

The story has it that our own Akki noticed the words ‘Singh is King’ at the back of a truck on some highway in Rajasthan. He called up a film producer and then an entire movie was made just to justify the movie title ‘Singh is Kinng’. Similarly, twostopsshop.blogspot first occurred to me only as a non-serious alternative to its more common sibling. Now I think of ways to justify it as title of my page.

On a brooding note, I have had this feeling, without getting into much detail, that many of my achievements have come when I tried once again for a second time. One stop hasn't worked for me. I am yet to make up my mind whether I should be proud of it, but for now I have tentatively decided to focus on my achievements alone. On a frivolous note, a phrase with ‘two’ in it has a happier resonance than with a lonesome ‘one’; or may be five o’s in the name symbolize a spirit as noble as in the Olympics’ logo (shoot me).

But, the idea that I am finally going to sell is that, “what is generally touted as ‘one stop shop’ is rarely ever that. Here is a page, where if you do not get what you expected on your first visit, let me know. I will try to get what you are looking for on your second stop.”

I just hope that the outcome is not as disastrous as the movie.

4 comments:

  1. After having read Sungha's blog anything wud mean more sense to me, and so does the twostopblog. I wud say that you should consider yourself to be intelligent and lucky to be getting things in the 2nd attempt itself, for there are many (broken andas as it said in 3 idiots) who do not get 'em ever. So if 2 be your lucky no. so be it !!

    I wish you happy blogging. I wud be happy to follow your blogs and comment appropriately time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mast opening hai veeru. :)
    apne saath bhi kuch aisa hai but not exactly 2nd time ye phir but most of the things come to me when I decide to give a last final fight before giving up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I demand a template change :). This one is not conducive to reading!

    Good start, I may say. Apparently you have believed in this all along as the content also reminds me of something similar you said during your job interview in IIT with DRL (?). At least you have a working formula :D, that's something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks brothers for the encouragement!

    The only reason I chose this template is that a black screen saves electricity and hence is more climate friendly :) But, I'll now try other templates too because a reader's comfort is top priority!

    ReplyDelete